Whitebait & Preserved Lemon Blinis Sliders
- Marcel's Fancy Blinis
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon preserved lemon rind, chopped
- 250g grams whitebait
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper
- A handful of washed rocket or mizuna leaves
- Capers, drained
- Mix together the mayonnaise, parsley & lemon
- Whisk the egg until light & fluffy & then mix through the whitebait
- Season with salt & pepper
- Heat some butter in a pan until foamy
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into the pan so that fritters are around the same size as Blinis
- Cook until the fish only just become opaque, turn the fritter & cook another 15 seconds
- Keep the cooked fritters warm as you fry subsequent batches
- Spread parsley lemon mayonnaise onto one Blini.
- Place a fritter onto another Blini and arrange a small lettuce leaf on the fritter.
- Sandwich the two Blinis together.
- Spear a caper onto a toothpick & use this toothpick to secure the sliders.
- Serve immediately.