Christmas Inspired Crepe Cake
- 3 packets of Marcel’s Ooh La La Gluten Free Crepes (you can use Marcel's Double Love Sweet or Marcel's Plain Crepes too).
- 1 cup lemon curd (store bought or home made)
- 200g mascarpone
- ¾ cup cream
- 2 TBS icing sugar
- 2 TBS sugar
- Extra whipped cream
- Fresh strawberries
- 50g grated chocolate / crumbled Flake bar
- Handful freeze dried strawberries
- 1 small meringue, crushed
- 100g dark chocolate, melted with a teaspoon of coconut oil
- In a large bowl, beat all the ingredients for the filling until it’s light and fluffy.
- Heat crepes stacked on a plate (in three lots) for one minute in the microwave and then allow to cool until they’re only just warm. Leave in fridge until ready for use.
- You won’t be able to move the crepe cake once it’s completed, so assemble it on the plate you wish to serve it on! It can help to place pieces of baking paper just under the edge of the first crepe, to catch any drips as you’re layering it up with fillings. You can then easily pull the baking paper out when you’re finished, leaving a clean plate, ready to serve!
- To assemble, start with a crepe laid flat on your cake serving plate. Top crepe with a heaped dessert spoon of the mascarpone mixture, spreading it right out to the edges. Top with another crepe, then repeat until you’ve used all of your mixture. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 3 – 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, top your cake with whipped cream, sliced fresh strawberries, freeze dried strawberry slices, crushed meringue and grated chocolate or crumbled flake bar. Drizzle it with the melted dark chocolate just before serving.
- Slice with a large sharp knife.