Blinis Baby Bombes
- 6-10 Marcel's Fancy Blinis
- Barkers Passionfruit Curd
- (Optional: Fresh Passionfruit Pulp)
- A good quality Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- A good quality Berry Sorbet
- 300g caster sugar
- 110g water
- 110g egg whites
- Pinch cream of tartar
- Put caster sugar & water into a small saucepan & bring to the boil until a small amount of the syrup forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water…do not take it beyond this point.
- When the syrup is almost ready, start beating the other 55g egg whites & cream of tartar until it resembles frothy dishwashing liquid - it is best to use a stand mixer or electric hand whisk.
- Gradually pour in the hot syrup, mixing on high until it is all incorporated & a stiff meringue has developed. Continue whisking until the base of the bowl is completely cool.
- Fit a piping bag with a plain or fluted 1 cm nozzle & spoon in meringue.
- Meringue can be kept in a piping bag in the fridge for a number of hours until ready for use.
- Place a Blini onto the plate your dessert will be served on.
- Spoon a little curd onto the Blini and place another Blini on top.
- Place a scoop of ice cream and a scoop of sorbet on the top Blini and spoon a little curd into the gaps.
- Top with a good spoonful of fresh passionfruit pulp and then pipe meringue up the sides of the ice-cream & sorbet.
- Flame with a blow torch until golden.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh summer berries