Beetroot & Sour Cream Blinis
- Marcel's Fancy Blinis
- 2 medium beetroot
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Lay out Marcel's Fancy Blinis on serving platter to thaw.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees with baking sheet.
- Stem beets, don't peel, but rub away all the dirt off of the outside with a coarse brush or kitchen towel.
- Thinly slice beets using a mandoline slicer set on one of the thinest settings.
- In a large bowl, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip beet chips over. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes. You'll know then are done when the edges lightly brown and the beets no longer "bend", meaning when you pick one up, it's stiff and no longer flexible.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes until crunchy.
- Spread sour cream on each Blini, and top with crunchy beetroot.
- Optional: Garnish with microgreens.